We support people who are interested in accessing a direct payment in Cumbria, making sure that individuals have the information and guidance they need to organise their own support.
“Level of Support is fantastic, nothing is too much trouble” Joan, Whitehaven.
Services we offer:
- Advice and information from Independent Living Co-ordinators
- Support to recruit staff
- Employment Contracts
- Arranging Insurance
- Advice on employment matters
- Arranging training for staff
- Arranging DBS checks
- Payroll service
Our experienced Independent Living Co-ordinators are located across Cumbria and we are always on hand to support you.
About Direct Payments
Direct Payments are an option for Social Care service users in Cumbria, which aims to encourage greater independence by offering choice in the way services are arranged and more control over how services are provided. Direct Payments give eligible service users the option of receiving regular payments from Cumbria’s Adult Social Care or Children’s Services, which can be used to organise care services in the way that service users choose.
Personal Assistant Packages
If you want control over how your care is provided, but need help to do it a personal assistant package could be right for you. You decide who works for you, what they do and when they work. We would help with all aspects of recruiting and employing staff, payroll, DBS checks, contracts of employment and staff training.
“Using the PA Package means all the benefits, but no stress. In the past I have declined Direct Payments, but then this option came along” Christopher, Barrow.
- Service Manager Lynn Craig 01946 822444 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Independent Living Co-ordinators:
- North, Kieron Park: 01228 401952 email@example.com
- West, Angela Woodburn: 01946 825550 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Barrow, Debbie Hutchinson: 01229 870272 email@example.com
- South Lakes, Chris Thorpe: 01229 870272 firstname.lastname@example.org