Our helpline for disabled people and carers in Cumbria is now open. We can help with any queries that you have on disability issues. Richard looks after our helpline and he would be happy to help you.
Telephone Number: 07768 997437
Opening hours: 11am – 2pm Monday – Friday
At other times please leave a message and we will call you back.
Examples of the type of support we can offer includes:
- Travel – Blue badge scheme, free bus passes and mask exemptions on public transport
- Shopping – Support schemes due to covid-19, online shopping help and food hubs/banks
- Support schemes – befriending schemes, mental health support and general chit chat
- Grants & advice on saving money – Support to apply for hardship grants, low cost energy tariffs and home adaptation grants
- Rights – Advice on disabled people’s rights to access things like services.
The National Emergencies Trust has funded this service through its DPO Covid-19 Emergency Fund.